As part of ASOS’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and their Fashion With Integrity strategy, they request all supply chain partners to complete Higg FEM 2021.
The Higg FEM is an industry-leading sustainability assessment tool that standardizes how facilities measure and evaluate their environmental sustainability performance.
ASOS is requesting that all suppliers purchase and share the Higg Facility Environmental Subscription (FEM self-assessment). ASOS is also asking that you share any completed FSLM 2021 modules that you may have purchased for other brand partners.
ASOS is working closely with Higg (the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (SAC) technology partner), to help facilities complete their assessment(s). Higg will be sending email communications throughout this reporting period to each facility.
This document offers guidelines on ASOS’s expectations, key dates and how to complete and share your Higg FEM self-assessment.
Quote from Simon
“Across the industry, brands and retailers are also strengthening their commitments and using tools such as the Higg ‘Facility Environmental Module’ (FEM) to gain transparency and identify opportunities for continuous sustainability improvements.
Your dedication and collaboration is greatly appreciated. Together we can deliver Fashion With Integrity”
- Simon Platts (Sourcing Director, ASOS)
Who is Higg?
Higg is the sustainability insights platform, helping consumer goods businesses take responsibility for their entire impact – from materials to products, from factories to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions.
By making both data collection and performance analysis easier, we help brands and manufacturers make better environmental, social and governance decisions – across all parts of their business.
Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
What is the Higg Index?
The Higg Index is a suite of tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability, used by the footwear, apparel, textile, and other industries. Together, these tools are used to assess the environmental and social performance of both value chains and products. Each tool focuses on measuring a different parameter.
STEP 1: (IMPORTANT) Make sure to add email@example.com to your company email’s safe email sender list, otherwise you risk not receiving the ongoing communications due to email firewalls. If you do not receive an email from Higg by December 15, 2021, please check your spam folder.
STEP 3: PURCHASE HIGG FACILITY SUBSCRIPTION
Once logged in, purchase the Higg Environmental Facility Subscription from the Higg subscriptions page to access the Higg FEM 2021 assessment.
- Facility Environmental Subscription – this subscription includes access to the standard Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment; all facilities that have completed a Higg FEM before should log into their existing accounts and choose this option.
For more information about Higg’s NEW facility subscription model, please refer to the PDF here and the subscription details page on HowtoHigg.
STEP 4: SHARE HIGG FACILITY MODULE(S) WITH ASOS
Accept the module share request sent by ASOS.
If you do not see a pending share request from ASOS in your modules page, under Modules Requested, you should click the Share Module button and initiate the module share with ASOS.
Account Name: ASOS
Higg ID: 41228
STEP 5: COMPLETE AND POST HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT WITH ASOS
Complete 100% of the applicable questions and post the module. Facilities that have completed the Higg FEM in previous years can use the roll forward feature to easily copy data to the new Higg FEM.
STEP 6: (Optional) VERIFY HIGG FEM SELF-ASSESSMENT
Verification ensures that facilities have accurately completed all parts of the Higg Facility module – giving the self-assessment data the credibility and accuracy required to share publicly.
STEP 7: (Optional) SHARE HIgg FSLM
If you have purchased and completed the FSLM self-assessment for this year, please share with ASOS before April 2022.
- November 5, 2021 – Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment is accessible; Higg verification available to purchase
- January 1, 2022 – Higg FEM verification is accessible
- April 30, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment can no longer be unposted (once posted)
- October 31, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 and verification is no longer available for purchase
- December 31, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 reporting cycle ends; Last day to post both self and verified Higg FEM 2021
ASOS’s Deadlines (2021-2022)
- March 31, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 self-assessments must be posted
- April 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 & FSLM self-assessments must be shared with ASOS
The ASOS Sustainability team is here to help. Please contact SACHigg@asos.com for support relating to Higg FEM self-assessment at ASOS.
ASOS X Sustainable Supply Chain
As part of ASOS’ commitment to Fashion With Integrity and our recently launched Be Net Zero target, we are committed to helping our suppliers and facilities stay curious and explore how they can improve their environmental impact. While also hopefully saving you some money and improving efficiency. Please see below for our latest listings, please click the link to sign up and feel free to circulate this to your colleagues. If anyone has any questions, get in touch. All webinars will be recorded and shared
- MARCH 15th, 9.30-10.30 (GMT) – INTRO to ASOS and SAC X HIGG. Learn how ASOS uses Higg. How it fits into our Be Net Zero Strategy. And hear what we’ve learnt to date. Click here to sign up or watch live.
- MARCH 16th, 9.00-10.00 (GMT) – **DON’T MISS** HOW TO Register and Complete the Higg Index with BV. How do I register? What information do I need to prep before I start? Click here to sign up or watch live.
- MARCH 22nd, 9.30-10.30 (GMT) –**DON’T MISS** Apparel Impact Institute: Simple Carbon Reduction Opportunities. Hear from Aii regarding low hanging fruit. Investment and Payback. How to get started. How to keep going. Click here to sign up or watch live.
- MARCH 23rd , 9.00-10.00 (GMT) –HOW TO Verify Higg Index with BV. Learn about the verification process. Click here to sign up or watch live.
- MARCH 29th, 9.00-10.00 (GMT). SUPPLIER SHOUT OUT, Tropic Knits. Learn this jersey supplier in Mauritius has benefitted from the Higg, developed their own environmental action plan, and top tips for other suppliers. Click here or watch live.
If you have any questions, please reach out to SACHigg@asos.com. Watch this space for more webinars!
Higg User Resources
- Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process.
- Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team.