Introduction to Higg
Who is Higg?
Higg is the sustainability insights platform, helping consumer goods businesses take responsibility for their entire impact – from materials to products, from factories to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions.
By making both data collection and performance analysis easier, we help brands and manufacturers make better environmental, social and governance decisions – across all parts of their business.
Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
What is the Higg Index?
The Higg Index is a suite of tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability, used by the footwear, apparel, textile, and other industries. Together, these tools are used to assess the environmental and social performance of both value chains and products. Each tool focuses on measuring a different parameter.
What is the BRM?
The Higg Brand & Retail Module, or BRM, is a holistic holistic sustainability assessment tool managed by Higg. BRM is a tool that standardizes how brands and retailers measure and evaluate their environmental and social performance, year over year. This tool evaluates the maturity of a brand or retailer’s social and environmental management system. It drives performance improvement and assesses social & environmental risks – aligning with standards, government initiatives, and other Higg tools. The BRM covers 11 environmental factors including GHG emissions as well as 16 social factors including child labor.
- Create an account.
- Your company / organisation must have a Higg account to participate in BRM. Click here for step-by-step instructions specific for Brand Partners (non SAC Members)
- Purchase your BRM access.
- Purchase via Credit Card or Wire Transfer. If your company must be billed an invoice select “wire transfer.”
- Manage your account or add team members click here. Change or Reset password
- Add Office Hours and Trainings to your calendar
- Bookmark howtohigg.com
- Select a “lead” within your company who will be responsible for tracking progress and assignment of questions across the company.
- Lead confirms all questions are answered
- Questions? BRM Brand Partners are on a priority queue. Access support once you’re logged into your Higg account.
Key Dates + Deadlines
- [RETAILER] Dates + Deadlines
- [Insert Retailer dates]
- [RETAILER]’s Higg Requirements
- [RETAILER NAME] has requested you to complete the Higg BRM by [DATE]
- Higg Key Deadline
- BRM must be completed and posted by September, 30th, 2022
BRM Training & Office Hours
Register for upcoming webinars or view past webinars here [INSERT LINK].
Higg User Resources
[Tailor the following to each brand’s requirements]
Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process.
Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team.