As part of Brooks’ ongoing commitment to sustainability, it is an annual requirement for their supply chain partners to complete the Higg facility modules.
The Higg FEM (Facility Environmental Module) is an industry-leading sustainability assessment tool that standardizes how facilities measure and evaluate their environmental sustainability performance.
The Higg FSLM (Facility Social & Labor Module) measures the social impact of manufacturing across areas such as wages, working hours, health and safety, and employee treatment.
Brooks has communicated each facility’s specific Higg requirements for the 2021-2022 reporting cycle. Based on the facility’s requirements this year, each facility will need to purchase the Higg Facility Plus Subscription, plus verification:
- Facility Plus Subscription – this subscription includes access to the standard Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment and the Higg FSLM self-assessment; this option also includes access to FEM Communication Toolkit, benchmarking, CSV exports, and unlimited shares of assessments.
- Facilities that are required by Brooks to complete BOTH Higg FEM 2021 and FSLM should choose this option.
- Be sure to add verification for each module to your subscription.
- Facilities that are engaged in the Better Work program or that wish to transfer their verified SLCP from the gateway to Higg must add the FSLM Verification fee.
Brooks is working with Higg, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (SAC) technology partner, to help facilities complete their assessment(s). Higg will be sending email communications throughout the reporting period to each facility. These Higg communications will provide resources and guidance to ensure facilities are getting the support they need to meet Brooks’ completion requirements on time.
Who is Higg?
Higg is the sustainability insights platform, helping consumer goods businesses take responsibility for their entire impact – from materials to products, from factories to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions.
By making both data collection and performance analysis easier, we help brands and manufacturers make better environmental, social and governance decisions – across all parts of their business.
Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
What is the Higg Index?
The Higg Index is a suite of tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability, used by the footwear, apparel, textile, and other industries. Together, these tools are used to assess the environmental and social performance of both value chains and products. Each tool focuses on measuring a different parameter.
STEP 1: (IMPORTANT) Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your company email’s safe email sender list, otherwise you risk not receiving the ongoing communications due to email firewalls. If you do not receive an email from Higg by January 15, 2022, please check your spam folder.
STEP 3: PURCHASE A HIGG FACILITY SUBSCRIPTION
Once logged in, purchase the Higg Facility Plus Subscription from the Higg subscriptions page to access the Higg facility modules that you need to complete and share with Brooks this year. Facilities that have been asked to complete verification this year will need to purchase verification along with the subscription.
STEP 4:(IMPORTANT) SHARE HIGG FACILITY MODULE(S) WITH Brooks
Accept the module share requests sent by Brooks.
If you do not see a pending share request from Brooks in your modules page, under Share Requests, you should click the Share Module button and initiate the module share with Brooks.
Account Name: Brooks Sports, Inc.
Higg ID: 4063
STEP 5: COMPLETE AND POST HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENTS WITH BROOKS
Complete 100% of the applicable questions and post the module. Facilities that have completed the Higg FEM in previous years can use the roll forward feature to easily copy data to the new self-assessment.
STEP 6: VERIFY HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENTS (if required)
Verification of the self-assessment ensures that facilities have accurately completed all parts of the Higg Facility module – giving the self-assessment data the credibility and accuracy required to share publicly.
SLCP Transfer Details (for non-Higg assessments only)
Follow these steps to transfer a verified FSLM from SCLP. The transfer price is $225.
- Go to FSLM and select “Link SLCP Account”
- Log in to SLCP Gateway
- Go to verified assessment you want to transfer and select “Overview of my SLCP assessment”
- Find “Share with another accredited host” and choose “Sustainable Apparel Coalition (Live)”
- Return to FSLM and select “Transfer SLCP assessment”
- Purchase the transfer
- See your transfered assessment in FSLM
- November 5, 2021 – Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment is accessible; Higg verification available to purchase
- January 1, 2022 – Higg FEM verification is accessible
- April 30, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment can no longer be unposted (once posted)
- October 31, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 and verification is no longer available for purchase
- December 31, 2022 – Higg FEM 2021 reporting cycle ends; Last day to post both self and verified Higg FEM 2021
Brooks Deadlines (2021-2022)
- January 31 2022* – Higg FEM self-assessment must be posted and shared with Brooks (*deadline only applies to Footwear Tier 1 facilities)
- April 30, 2022 – all other Higg FEM self-assessments must be posted and shared with Brooks
- May 31, 2022 – Higg FSLM self-assessments must be posted and shared with Brooks
- July 31, 2022 – VERIFIED Higg FEM & FSLM assessments must be posted and shared with Brooks
Brooks Supplier Code of Conduct
Higg User Resources
Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process.
- Higg Facility Subscriptions Overview – the new way to purchase Higg facility modules
- Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM)
- Higg Facility Social and Labor Module (FSLM)
- Training Events
- Customer Support
- Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team.