As part of C&A’s Environmental Stewardship (ES) Programme, wet-processing facilities are required to complete a 2022 Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM) by the given deadlines.
1. C&A requires each facility to purchase the Higg Environmental Subscription to access the Higg FEM self-assessment and verification.
- Facility Environmental Subscription – this subscription includes access to the standard Higg FEM 2021 self-assessment.
- A must to add verification to your subscription.
Note 1: If you are being asked to purchase the Plus by another brand, that will also be fine to meet C&A’s needs.
Note 2: New facility with fewer than 12 months of operation in 2022 is required to purchase the Facility Starter Subscription to complete Facility Foundations self-assessment and verification instead as a preparation to the full FEM in following year.
C&A is working with Higg, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (SAC) technology partner, to help facilities complete their assessment(s). Higg will be sending email communications throughout the reporting period to each facility. These Higg communications will provide resources and guidance on next steps to ensure facilities are getting the support they need to meet C&A’s completion requirements on time.
Failure to complete and share a Higg FEM verification will result in a Zero Tolerance according to C&A’s Environmental Stewardship Standard and the business relationship of linked supplier(s) with C&A may be impacted.
2. C&A requires facilities to reach minimum levels in order to achieve ES ratings.
*This does not apply to FEM Foundations or small-scale facilities exempted from the rating evaluation.
|Higg FEM||Chemicals||Level 2||Level 2||Level 1|
3. C&A requires each facility to upload their latest climate action plan to the Higg self-assessment – Question 5 of Energy Section (Level 2).
As part of C&A’s commitment to reducing 30% of our absolute scope 3 GHG emissions by 2030 from a 2018 base year, C&A Environmental Stewardship team will continuously follow up with facilities on their implementation of climate action plans. Facilities which participated in Carbon Leadership Project (CLP) are required to demonstrate progress according to the agreed reduction action plans.
STEP 1: (IMPORTANT) Make sure to add email@example.com to your company email’s safe email sender list, otherwise you risk not receiving the ongoing communications due to email firewalls.
STEP 3: PURCHASE HIGG FACILITY SUBSCRIPTION
Once logged in, purchase your Higg Facility Subscription from the Higg subscriptions page to access the Higg facility assessment.
STEP 4: SHARE HIGG FACILITY MODULE(S) WITH C&A
Accept the module share request sent by C&A.
If you do not see a pending share request from C&A in your modules page, under Share Requests, you should click the Share Module button to initiate the module share with C&A.
Account Name: C&A
Higg ID: 8318
STEP 5: COMPLETE HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT WITH C&A
Complete 100% of the applicable questions according to the How to Higg Guide. Facilities that have completed the Higg FEM in previous years can use the roll forward feature to easily copy data to the new Higg FEM.
STEP 6: DESKTOP REVIEW OF HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT WITH C&A
Contact C&A ES team to go through the completed self-assessment with you and identify training needs in areas of improvement.
STEP 7: POST AND VERIFY HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT
Verification of the self-assessment is required by C&A. Verification ensures that facilities have accurately completed all parts of the Higg Facility module – giving the self-assessment data the credibility and accuracy required to share publicly.
C&A partners with Bureau Veritas (BV), Intertek and SGS globally to ensure facilities gets access to a quality verification service, performed by qualified individuals, at a preferential price point. Please secure a verification schedule with any one of them offline, you may opt to select any other qualified verifying body as well. The full verifying body list can be found at here.
Note: C&A only accepts FEM verifications conducted onsite unless under exceptional circumstances. Please discuss with C&A ES team first before any offsite/desktop verification is arranged.
STEP 8: UNDERSTAND AND FINALIZE VERIFICATION REPORT
Review the entire verification report submitted by your verifying body by clicking the “Review Verification” button under Available Actions tab before posting. Ensure you have made alignment on all the responses prior to the verifier submitting the verification.
Two options are available:
- Finalize Verified Assessment (VRF): This is a one-time action. Finalizing the verified assessment confirms that you have reviewed the report, discussed issues with the Verifier/Verifier Body, and resolved any issues raised.
- Dispute Verification (VRD): The verification can be disputed if the facility observes a breach of verification protocol or unprofessional/unethical behavior by the Verifier. Please read the Dispute Protocol on howtohigg.org to fully understand the next steps.
Once the assessment’s status becomes VRF, the discretion is on C&A to take into account any claimed inaccuracies in the report in deciding the final ESS rating.
C&A’s Deadlines (January Enrollment)
- March 31, 2023 – all Higg FEM 2022 self-assessments (including upload of climate action plan) must be completed, posted, and shared with C&A
- June 30, 2023 – all Higg FEM 2022 verifications must be completed, posted, and shared with C&A
C&A’s Deadlines (June Enrollment)
- September 30, 2023 – all Higg FEM 2022 self-assessments (including upload of climate action plan) must be completed, posted, and shared with C&A
- December 31, 2023 – all Higg FEM 2022 verifications must be completed, posted, and shared with C&A
- C&A GIN site
- Your C&A Environmental Stewardship Supplier Handbook
- Your C&A Environmental Stewardship (ES) team:
|Region||ES Regional Lead||Email Address|
|Greater China & South-East Asia||Angie Chen||Angie.firstname.lastname@example.org|
and Sri Lanka
|Turkey, EMEA and Pakistan||Goksenin Sevdin||Goksenin.email@example.com|
Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process.
- Higg Academy within Higg portal
- Higg Facility Subscriptions Overview – the new way to purchase Higg facility modules
- Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM)
- Training Events
- Customer Support
- Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team.