What is Carbon Leadership Program?
This program is created by Aii and supported by RESET Carbon to bring together action-oriented brands in the apparel industry to accelerate the implementation of their supply chain carbon targets, while also standardizing approaches with their suppliers so that they can be replicated by the rest of the industry.
The supply chain participants collaborate on setting carbon targets, then share data and lessons learned in order to maximize carbon reduction throughout the industry.
- Factory Carbon Targets: The program seeks to develop a standardized approach to setting carbon targets and low-carbon action plans at the factory level.
- Collaborative Implementation: After Aii identifies priority opportunities to reduce carbon, participating organizations and participating brands work together to respond to these opportunities.
- Industry Feedback and Replication: The information and tools learned from the Carbon Leaders program will be shared with and included in relevant existing industry programs, such as UNFCCC, Fashion PACT, SAC and others.
What is the purpose of this partnership?
The purpose of this collaboration between Higg, Aii and RESET Carbon is to leverage Higg’s existing assessment and analytics infrastructure to standardize and scale the data collection, benchmarking and performance improvement process for facilities. Once the data is collected, Aii and RESET will determine existing facility performance, provide tailored in-person support, and personalize training and tools for facilities to set and achieve carbon targets. They will then utilize the data insights to inform the most relevant and impactful projects to take on next.
What is the benefit to participating facilities?
The benefits to facilities participating consist of:
- Consistent approach to setting facility level Carbon Targets and Action Plans that they can share with brands thus supporting a brand in their reduction of Scope 3 emissions
- Holistic capacity building to support facility knowledge on carbon management
- Understanding of carbon performance at a facility level along with identified reduction measures
- Identify savings and reduction opportunities to lower operating cost
- Demonstrate industry leadership among peers and brands
- Consistent way to report progress and demonstrate results to brands
What is the benefit to participating brands?
For brands with participating factories, the information collected enables brands to take decisive action to improve their impact
- To choose suppliers that produce fewer emissions
- To choose materials that consume less water
- Or to design products for reduced impact, all the way to end-of-use
Complete the Assessment
To access the assessment, go to the FEM 2021 dashboard to access the Carbon Tech Assessment.
In the assessment you can:
- Import Excel – complete the assessment offline and import back to your Higg account
- Export CSV – export a CSV of the assessment and data
- Notify partners of updates – when you complete the assessment or update the assessment
- Additional filters – filter by complete and incomplete questions
From the FEM modules page you can:
- Download Carbon Tech Assessment CSV
- Share you FEM with your brand partners
Contact Higg Support Team
- Submit a ticket to howtohigg.org/request
- If you have any questions or issues on Higg.org platform including the CTA module features on Higg.org platform.
Contact Reset Carbon Team
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly
- If you have any questions on the CTA module content or program process.
- Scan the Skype group QR Code to join the group support