Facilities that are preparing and starting to go through Higg FEM verification should follow the steps below:
1. Facilities must first confirm the timing and terms of the verification directly with the verifier organization. Verification confirmation happens outside of the Higg.org platform (discuss directly with the verifier). View the list of Higg FEM Verifiers here: howtohigg.org/verifiers
2. The facility must first fully complete their Higg FEM self-assessment (answer all the required questions) before being able to start verification. Posting FEM self-assessment is optional not an requirement for verification because posting module doesn’t impact the verification process. If the facility doesn’t post their FEM self-assessment, they still can move forward to the verification process.
3. AFTER the self-assessment is complete and the verification is confirmed, the facility should log into Higg.org and initiate the verification.
1. Check your Verified Higg FEM
Make sure you have completed the FEM self-assessment and have an active verified Higg FEM (vFEM)
Before you can initiate your verification on Higg.org, please make sure you have completed the FEM self-assessment and your vFEM in your account.
- Review the Purchasing Facility modules guide for instructions on how to purchase your vFEM if you have not done this step already. You can purchase the vFEM on FEM home page.
- If you are an SAC member manufacturer, you will need to contact Higg Index Support Team and request a vFEM.
- You can check your vFEM under “Active History” tab on your FEM home page or under “My Modules” tab on FEM “Modules” page.
2. Selecting a verifier body
- If you don’t have a vFEM, you can’t see “Selecting verifying body” button on FEM home page or in the FEM self-assessment.
- Once you have the completed the FEM self-assessment and purchased the vFEM, you can see “Selecting verifying body” button on the FEM home page.
- Click “Select Verifying Body” and a list of all the registered Higg FEM Verifier Bodies (Organizations) will open. Click “Confirm” next to the verifying organization you have confirmed your verification with.
- If you do not see the name of the verifying organization you have confirmed your verification with, please contact them and ask if they have set up their Verifier Body account on Higg.org and what their account name is.
- After you select the Verifying Body, their name will show up on the Higg FEM home page next to “Verifying Body Selected”.
3. Changing a selected verifying body if needed
You can change the selected verifying body if needed but you can only change it before the verifier starts the verification. So you can change the verifying body when the module status is ASI or ASC but you can’t change when the module status is VRP. Once the VB is confirmed, it will show as “Accepted”.
4. Submitting/Posting your FEM self-assessment
You must post your FEM self-assessment so your FEM can be submitted for verification. To post and submit the FEM self-assessment, the completion rate of FEM self-assessment must be over 95%. You can post and submit it under “Available Actions” tab on your FEM home dashboard page or in the FEM module and you must type “POST MODULE” to confirm and proceed. Once the FEM self-assessment is posted and submitted, you can’t unpost and edit it (For 2018 FEM cycle, you can’t unpost and edit after posting the FEM 2018. For 2019 FEM cycle, from Nov 4 2019 to August 14 2020, you can post/unpost the FEM 2019 without limits. But from May 1 2020, only allow to post one time and no unpost is allowed). In addition, your FEM module status will become ASC (Assessment Completed).
If you want to unpost for editing, you have to submit a request to Higg Index Support team to require editing your FEM.
After posting and submitting the verification, the system will send a notification to the Verifier Body that they can assign a verifier and start verification. When the verification starts, the FEM assessment status becomes VRP (verification in progress)
5. Reviewing and finalizing a verified module
The facility will receive an email notification once the verifier has fully completed and submitted the verified module. At this stage the facility should log into Higg.org, go to the FEM home page and you will see your module status is VRC (verification complete). Click “Review Verification” button under “Available Actions” tab to review the final verified assessment before posting. You can click “Additional Filter” on the top bar to check the verification result. Note that it is expected for the facility to review the full verified assessment with the verifier prior to the verifier submitting the verification to ensure alignment on any responses that were changed by the verifier.
- View the vFEM
- Download the vFEM CSV (v1/v2) or Excel file
- Download the vFEM Completion Certificate
- View Scores report
- View GHG report
- View Flagged Question report
- View Verifier Notification report
FEM Module Page:
6. Posting the verified FEM
After the facility has Finalized Verified Assessment, they may open the module and Post the verified assessment in order to share it with their connections. You can post the vFEM in the verified module or on the FEM home page. To post your vFEM, the completion rate of vFEM must be over 95%.
Posting your module locks all your verification result and allows your connections to view your posted module. Connections cannot view your verified FEM module until the module is posted. Once your post the vFEM, you can’t unpost it.
If you have any trouble with starting verification please contact Higg Index Support: https://support.higg.org