1. What is Verification?
Verification ensures that your facility accurately completed all parts of the Higg FSLM – giving their self-assessment the credibility and accuracy required to share it publicly.
Verification of the FSLM self-assessment is conducted by a third- or second-party SLCP-approved verifier. The verifier is selected and hired to review a facility site. The verifier is the only person responsible for validating the accuracy of the assessment.
What is the difference between FSLM verification and a traditional audit?
The Higg FSLM is not a pass/fail audit. It is simply a means to verify the facility understood and answered the self-assessment correctly. Verified data and scores provide trusted information on facility social and labor performance, reducing the need for multiple proprietary audits.
For full description and information on the verification process, please visit our FSLM verification page here.
2. Approved Verifier Bodies
Find the full list of SLCP-approved verification bodies here.
3. Verification Process
A high-level overview of the verification process that the facility will have to go through to complete and post the vFSLM.
- The facility completes and posts their self-assessment, purchases the vFSLM, and links their Higg account to the SLCP gateway.
- The facility selects a verification body from the available options.
- The verification body confirms and assigns a verifier.
- The verifier and facility arrange a time for verification and complete the verification process, including the verifier filling in the vFSLM.
- vFSLM is completed, and the facility has 14 days to review and dispute anything in the vFSLM assessment, before it is finalized and posted. The vFSLM status will change to VRF, and then the information will be available for brands to view.
4. vFSLM Results Reports
This report shows questions where the verifier feels the self-assessed answer is inaccurate, or there is no response. This report shows the refID, question, self-assessment response, as well as the verification selection and verifiers corrected response and data.