As part of Primark’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, it is a requirement for their supply chain partners to complete Higg FEM 2022.
This guidelines page includes important information regarding Primark’s requirements for the Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM). Primark has teamed up with Higg to provide the highest level of support to their facility partners as they complete their assessment(s). Higg will be sending email communications throughout the reporting period to each facility. These Higg communications will provide resources and guidance on next steps to ensure facilities are getting the support they need to meet Primark’s completion requirements on time.
As a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Primark works with the apparel, footwear and textile industry’s leading companies and organizations to adopt the Higg Index, a suite of self-assessment sustainability tools that measure social and environmental impacts in the supply chain and in our products in a standardized way. The Higg Index identifies areas for improvement and helps Primark move the industry forward, together. Primark has seen that many of their suppliers have already been engaging their factories with the Higg FEM. We want to thank them for the increasing levels of tool adoption and recognise their commitment to measuring and improving their environmental performance.
Primark requests their supply chain partners to adhere to the following deadlines:
- Please purchase the Facility Environmental Module Subscription by 31st December 2022 on the Higg platform to access your FEM 2022 module. Primark is providing their partners with access to the following discount code:
Get $50 off your FEM 2022 with coupon code: FEM2022
*This discount code will expire at 11:59pm Dec 31, 2022.
- Primark’s posting and sharing deadline for the full Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment is April 30th, 2023.
- Primark’s deadline for the full Higg FEM 2022 verification is July 31st, 2023. Primark’s Verification requirements apply to Tier 1 and Tier 2 factories that must have their FEM 2022 module verified by an accredited SAC-approved verifier.
- November 5, 2022 – Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment is accessible; Higg verification available to purchase
- January 1, 2023 – Higg FEM Posting becomes available. Higg FEM verification is now accessible.
- April 30, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment can no longer be unposted (once posted)
- October 31, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 and verification is no longer available for purchase
- December 31, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 reporting cycle ends; Last day to post both self and verified Higg FEM 2022
STEP 1: (IMPORTANT) Make sure to add email@example.com to your company email’s safe email sender list, otherwise you risk not receiving the ongoing communications due to email firewalls. If you do not receive an email from Higg by 15th December, please check your spam folder.
STEP 2: LOGIN OR CREATE A HIGG ACCOUNT
Facilities that already have active Higg accounts can log into Higg.org. If you do not have a Higg login and need to create new Higg account, start here to learn how to create a new user login and create a company account on Higg.org.
STEP 3: PURCHASE HIGG FACILITY SUBSCRIPTION
Once logged in, please purchase the Facility Environmental Subscription from the Higg subscriptions page to access the Higg FEM 2022.
STEP 4: (IMPORTANT) SHARE HIGG FEM WITH Primark
Accept the module share request sent by Primark.
If you do not see a pending share request from Primark in your modules page, under Modules Requested, you should click the Share Module button and initiate the module share with Primark.
Account Name: Primark
Higg ID: 18033
STEP 5: COMPLETE AND POST HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT(S) WITH Primark
Complete 100% of the applicable questions and post the module. Facilities that have completed the Higg FEM 2022 in previous years can use the roll forward feature to easily copy data to the new self-assessment.
STEP 6: (OPTIONAL) VERIFY HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENT
Verification of the self-assessment ensures that facilities have accurately completed all parts of the Higg Facility module – giving the self-assessment data the credibility and accuracy required to share publicly.
Primark Cares Strategy
Primark’s suppliers are critical in helping them achieve their Primark Cares commitments, which will help Primark to become a more sustainable and circular business. The Higg Index FEM plays a vitally important role in helping Primark measure progress against a number of their targets. The Higg Index FEM will also help underpin the broader Primark sustainability program and importantly it will also help their supply chain partners in becoming more sustainable businesses.
Access the link below to learn more about Primark Cares strategy:
If you have any questions about Primark’s requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your designated Primark country Environmental Manager:
Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process. You will find an overview of the module, how to prepare, step by step instructions for how to complete and guidance on understanding results and the verification process.
- Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM)
- Training: Check out the Higg Events Resources page to view past webinar recordings and register to attend upcoming training and office hour sessions through our Higg Training Events Calendar.
- Customer Support: Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Higg is the sustainability insights platform, helping consumer goods businesses take responsibility for their entire impact – from materials to products, from factories to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions. By making both data collection and performance analysis easier, we help brands and manufacturers make better environmental, social and governance decisions – across all parts of their business.
Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
What is the Higg Index?
The Higg Index is a suite of tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability, used by the footwear, apparel, textile, and other industries. Together, these tools are used to assess the environmental and social performance of both value chains and products. Each tool focuses on measuring a different parameter.