As part of Under Armour’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, it is an annual requirement for their supply chain partners to complete the Higg facility modules. Under Armour has communicated each facility’s specific Higg requirements for the 2022-2023 reporting cycle. Based on the facility’s requirements this year, they should purchase one of the following Higg Facility Subscription options from their account’s Higg Subscriptions page. See descriptions below.
- Facility Environmental Subscription – this subscription includes access to the standard Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment.
- Facilities that are required by Under Armour to complete ONLY Higg FEM 2022 should choose this option.
- Be sure to add verification for each module to your subscription.
- Facility Plus Subscription – this subscription includes access to the standard Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment and the Higg FSLM self-assessment; this option also includes access to FEM Communication Toolkit, benchmarking, CSV exports, SLCP verified transfer.
- Facilities that are required by Under Armour to complete BOTH Higg FEM 2022 and FSLM should choose this option.
- Be sure to add verification for each module to your subscription.
- Facilities that are engaged in the Better Work program or that wish to transfer their verified SLCP from the gateway to Higg must add the FSLM Verification fee.
Under Armour is working with Higg, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (SAC) technology partner, to help facilities complete their assessment(s). Higg will be sending email communications throughout the reporting period to each facility. These Higg communications will provide resources and guidance to ensure facilities are getting the support they need to meet Under Armour’s completion requirements on time.
- March 1st, 2023 – Higg FEM self-assessments must be posted and shared with Under Armour.
- April 28th, 2023 – Higg FSLM self-assessments must be posted and shared with Under Armour.
- April 17th, 2023 – VERIFIED Higg FEM assessments must be posted and shared with Under Armour.
- June 30th, 2023 – VERIFIED Higg FSLM assessments must be posted and shared with Under Armour.
Who is Higg?
Higg is the sustainability insights platform, helping consumer goods businesses take responsibility for their entire impact – from materials to products, from factories to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions.
By making both data collection and performance analysis easier, we help brands and manufacturers make better environmental, social and governance decisions – across all parts of their business.
Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
What is the Higg Index?
The Higg Index is a suite of tools developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability, used by the footwear, apparel, textile, and other industries. Together, these tools are used to assess the environmental and social performance of both value chains and products. Each tool focuses on measuring a different parameter.
STEP 1: (IMPORTANT) Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your company email’s safe email sender list, otherwise you risk not receiving the ongoing communications due to email firewalls. If you do not receive an email from Higg by January 31, 2023, please check your spam folder.
STEP 3: PURCHASE A HIGG FACILITY SUBSCRIPTION
Once logged in, purchase the Higg Facility Plus Subscription from the Higg subscriptions page to access the Higg facility modules that you need to complete and share with Under Armour this year. Facilities that have been asked to complete verification this year will need to purchase verification along with the subscription.
STEP 4: (IMPORTANT) SHARE HIGG FACILITY MODULE(S) WITH Under Armour
Accept the module share requests sent by Under Armour.
If you do not see a pending share request from Under Armour in your modules page, under Share Requests, you should click the Share Module button and initiate the module share with Under Armour.
Account Name: Under Armour
Higg ID: 45542
STEP 5: COMPLETE AND POST HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENTS WITH Under Armour
Complete 100% of the applicable questions and post the module. Facilities that have completed the Higg FEM in previous years can use the roll forward feature to easily copy data to the new self-assessment.
STEP 6: VERIFY HIGG SELF-ASSESSMENTS
Verification of the self-assessment ensures that facilities have accurately completed all parts of the Higg Facility module – giving the self-assessment data the credibility and accuracy required to share publicly.
- November 3, 2022 – Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment is accessible; Higg verification available to purchase
- January 1, 2023 – Higg FEM verification is accessible
- April 30, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 self-assessment can no longer be unposted (once posted)
- October 31, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 and verification is no longer available for purchase
- December 31, 2023 – Higg FEM 2022 reporting cycle ends; Last day to post both self and verified Higg FEM 2022
Under Armour Resources
The Guidance Documents below, are located HERE ON DROPBOX. They are intended to educate our partners about our environmental goals and provide support in completing the FEM.
- Under Armour Environmental Goals and Action Plans – Outlines UA’s high-level expectations and provide addition management templates. This guidance is directly linked to the Higg FEM and explains our specific overall goals and actions expected of manufacturing partners to continuously improve environmental performance.
- Under Armour Environmental Handbook for Suppliers (Version 2) – Contains detailed guidance for all sections of the Higg FEM, with special focus on new aspects of the 2020 FEM. Please reference the Handbook’s updated sections as you finalized your Self-Assessment before the March 1st
- TEMPLATES for Under Armour Environmental Handbook – Excel templates referenced in Handbook to facilitate your work.
- Webinars Series – Addresses in detail all questions for each FEM section and walks through key changes to each section. (Password for ALL webinars: ActSustainably2022)
- Sustainable Supply Chain Strategy
- Frequently Asked Questions: SLCP/Higg FSLM adoption (2022-2023): here
- Registration on SLCP gateway and SLCP completion: Step-by-step guidance: How do I start and complete the SLCP assessment process
- Training materials on SLCP/Higg FSLM: here
Higg User Resources
Higg’s training website, HowtoHigg.org, contains all of the information and guidance facilities need to help them at every stage of the module completion process.
- Higg Facility Subscriptions Overview – the new way to purchase Higg facility modules
- Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM)
- Higg Facility Social and Labor Module (FSLM)
- Training Events
- Customer Support
- Submit questions about Higg accounts, modules, and subscriptions to the Higg Support Team.