The Higg Index Beta Communications Guidelines outline how Higg Index users may communicate Higg Index performance.
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) strongly supports efforts by its members and Higg Index users to promote the Higg index as the leading global standard for sustainability reporting in the apparel, footwear, and textile industry.
One of the SAC’s and Higg Co’s key goals is that consumers will choose products based on transparent, trusted, and verified sustainability information. By promoting your company’s use of the Higg index, you help to make this vision a reality and accelerate awareness of the industry’s collective efforts to use a standardized language to communicate sustainability impacts and drive lasting improvements.
- The Higg Index Beta Communications Guidelines provide guidance on:
- How to share your company’s commitment to sustainability through its use of the Higg Index
- What kinds of information can be shared publicly, through various communications and marketing channels
- Who you can share this information with
- Why some information can not be shared
The guidelines currently feature how to communicate performance for the Higg Facility Environment Module (Higg FEM), Higg Materials Sustainability Index (Higg MSI), and Higg Product Module (Higg PM). As the SAC develops guidelines to communicate performance from other tools, we will update the manual.
Download the Higg Index Beta Communications Guidelines.