COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an Account as a User, store information in your Account, fill out a form contribute to an assessment, provide information, such as User Content, to any Tools, purchase Tools or other services or modules through our Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, professional title, password, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as our Supply Chain Partners or other Users.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience using our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, events, and opportunities offered by Higg Co and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Higg Co and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- For limited internal uses, provided the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction;
- In connection with research and development activities; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including web hosting, analytics, customer service and email services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Higg Co or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Higg Co and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With other Users and partners in order to facilitate the connections that are part of our Services; and
- At your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIESHigg Co is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our vendors may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland, we do so in reliance on an approved data transfer mechanism.
SECURITYHigg Co will take reasonable steps to protect your User Content and other information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Higg Co by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services and services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services and services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below. You may also update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
We store the personal data we collect about you for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your Data Protection Authority, please see:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html