Why should I submit data to the HIGG MSI?
By submitting your data to The Higg MSI, you contribute to an industry materials database of environmental information. You will be able to differentiate your materials from competitors’. Your will also contribute to an unprecedented repository of information and deepen environmental understanding within the industry. Finally, you will be able to use this information to make more sustainable decisions in your business.
How do I submit data to the Higg MSI?
Here are some suggested steps for data submission:
1. Watch the video below.
2. Read The Higg MSI Methodology documentat. You can download this document from the section above called What is The Higg MSI?
3. Log in and get comfortable using The MSI Contributor.
4. Prepare your data.
5. Enter and submit your data.
6. Work with the MSI Gatekeeper to get your data approved.
What happens to my data?
After data is submitted via The Higg MSI Contributor, it is reviewed by the MSI Gatekeeper. This review will determine if new or updated data meets Higg MSI requirements may be entered into The Higg MSI. Once the data is approved, it will be modeled and scored by a Data Manager. Once it is scored, the submitter may need to pay a fee for the quality assurance process to learn the results. Then the submitter may make a final decision about publication of their results in The Higg MSI.
How do I get help?
1. Many of your questions may be answered by the The Higg MSI Methodology document under What is The Higg MSI?
2. If you still need help, feel free to reach out to SAC at email@example.com.