Raw Material Source
The Raw Material Source Production Stage covers the production of the rubber from extraction, through monomer creation (when applicable), to a bulk commodity rubber material. The following process options are available to customize Rubbers/Elastomers Example Materials:
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Elastomer (EPDM) rubber, fossil fuel based is the default process selection for EPDM rubber and is currently the only process selection available.
- Polybutadiene rubber (BR), fossil fuel based is the default process selection for polybutadiene rubber and should be used unless the rubber is known to be recycled content.
- Polybutadiene, recycled should be selected if the polybutadiene rubber is known to be mechanically recycled.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), soft polyether, fossil fuel based, for rubber is the default process selection for TPU rubber, and should be selected when using soft polyether based TPU.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), soft polyester, fossil fuel based, for rubber this process should be selected when using soft polyester based TPU.