1. FEM2022 Key Updates and Deadlines
Key updates in the Higg FEM 2021 include:
- 100% completion rate for all required questions to submit and post your module.
- Allow multiple files to be uploaded for the permit question in Site Info and Permit section.
- Improved assessment questions that drive at performance improvement throughout the module.
- Detailed question guidance including question applicability, question intent, technical guidance, and how the question will be verified.
- November 2022 – FEM2022 Cadence opens
- April 30, 2023 – FEM2022 Self Assessment deadline
- December 31, 2023 – FEM2022 Verification deadline
2. Set up the FEM
As a first step to starting the Higg FEM, ensure that each of the following steps has been completed before starting the assessment.
3. Prepare for FEM Completion
Once the account is fully set up, the next step is to prepare to complete the module. This includes engaging with employees, collecting data and documents, and more to ensure that you are prepared to answer all the required questions in the Higg FEM.
- Overall completion process: See below a full chart of the FEM completion process from registration to a posted vFEM.
- Understand time requirements: The time required to complete the Higg FEM will vary depending on your understanding level of the questions and how much of the required data and information you have already collected prior to starting the module. Typically, it will take between 3-6 weeks to complete the full module.
- Engaging colleagues: Make sure that you have engaged the relevant subject matter experts at your facility to complete the Higg FEM. Below is a checklist of suggested personnel that you can engage to get the most accurate information for each Higg Index Section: