Prepare for FEM Rollout
FEM Rollout refers to requesting your supply chain partners (facilities) to complete the Higg FEM assessment to analyze their environmental sustainability performance. This section will cover all the essential steps and information to prepare for a successful rollout.
How to prepare
To prepare, the first step is to gather information and set a timeline.
- Timeline: Determine the cadence dates for FEM completion. You can adhere to the SAC defined cadence or set your own deadline (the last possible posting date is Dec 31 of the following year, for example Dec 31, 2024 for FEM2023).
- Facility list: Select which facilities you will target and gather the relevant information, such as Worldly ID, address, and contact details.
- Requirement: Decide if you will may FEM completion a requirement or a request.
We strongly recommend you make it a requirement, as historically that has significantly increased the success rate. Also, determine if you will use FEM Foundations in addition to the standard FEM. See the FEM Foundations section for more information.
- Verification: Plan ahead if you intend to request or require verification as well as the self assessment. Communicate this early to ensure facilities have adequate time to prepare to complete both the self assessment and verification.
- Communication plan: Regular communication of requirements and support resources with facilities is the best way to ensure successful completion of the modules.
There are also varying levels of support available from the Higg Customer Success team, which you can review here.
Supporting your facility partners
Providing support and checking in on your facilities during the FEM completion process is critical for the success of FEM rollout. A few tips:
- Regular communication with facilities partners about the requirement and deadline
- Sharing helpful resources, like the FEM guidance for facilities or where to submit a support ticket, as well as encouraging facilities to join upcoming training webinars.